Seattle World School
A shared global learning experience.
Vision: A school where every student is a life-long learner, culture is celebrated and community is nurtured. Each student is supported for language and academic excellence preparing them for success in college, career and life.
Mission:The Seattle World School community is committed to mentoring students in navigating academic and career goals with holistic services. Our mission is to provide rigorous academics supported by social-emotional development opportunities and life skills. Our focus is to empower students as self, global advocates in our rapidly changing world.
SWS Student Values & Beliefs:
We believe in creating an exceptional and rigorous learning environment for students by:
- Providing information in more than one language and different modes of communication.
- Giving recognition to their native language, culture and valuing individual identity.
- Encouraging self-advocacy and independence in learning.
- Connecting students with college and career internships and vocational readiness opportunities.
SWS Family Values & Beliefs:
We believe in engaging parents and families and the wider community in a meaningful and cooperative partnership by
- Providing a welcoming environment in the school with up-to-date resources.
- Strengthening relationships between parents and staff with culturally sensitive, authentic communication.
- Celebrating cultural backgrounds.
- Providing academic, social and enrichment events.
- Connecting individuals with necessary social services in a respectful manner.
SWS Staff Values & Beliefs:
We believe in supporting staff success by:
- Conducting professional development with research-driven English Language Learner (ELL) best practices.
- Building strong collaboration with joint school and community projects.
- Facilitating family involvement through engaging and relevant school gatherings.
- Providing a safe, health minded and well-resourced school environment.
- Nurturing a diverse, international community of learners with a culture of positive interactions.