- Seattle World School Summer School
- Dates: June 27-July 28
- Class Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Field Trips are on Wednesdays
- Location: Seattle World School
- Credit: 0.5 Art, 0.5 PE/Health
- We recommend rising 10th graders and 11th graders take this course or if you are an 11th grader needing any of these credits.
- Class Schedule: Students will take 1.5 hours of Art and 1.5 hours of health or PE a day.
- Contact: Interested students/families complete this form: SWS summer school sign up form
- Seattle Skills Center Summer School
- Dates: July 7-August 3
- Class Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Location: Location depends on class choice.
- Credit: .5 CTE credit
- Class choices: Choose from one of the following classes: Auto Technology, Computer Animation, Computer Science, Construction Trades, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Family Health, Fire Fighting/Emergency Medical Services, Graphic Arts, Maritime Vessel Operations, Medical Careers, Radio Broadcasting, Teaching Academy, Video Production, Virtual Reality
- Contact: Sign up on the Skills Center Website or contact Rusty for help
- Seattle Public Schools Credit Retrieval
- Dates: July 6-July 29
- Class schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Choose from 1 of 3 high school locations.
- Credit: Earn up to 1.0 credit (2 classes)
- Class choices: Students can choose any core course that they have previously taken but not passed. To earn credit, students must complete an online curriculum (APEX Learning). In person teacher support is available.
- Contact: Contact Mr. Rusty for help.
- Seattle World School Teen Health Center Healthcare Careers Week
- Dates: July 18- July 22
- Class Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Field Trip Wednesday and Thursday
- Location: Seattle World School
- Credit: .5 Health
- For 11th and 12th graders with higher English level interested in learning about healthcare careers. 15 participants max selection finalized by SBHC (school-based health center) staff.
- Class Schedule: Monday: Identity, Expectations, Mental Health, Social Work, Community Health, Tuesday: CPR, Wednesday: Nursing/Medical, Thursday: Dental, Friday: Celebration and Future Planning
- Contact: See clinic staff if interested.
Summer Jobs and Internships
From Seattle Office of Arts and Culture
- Submit An Essay for The 2022 Samuel Halperin Youth Public Service Award. This award and $1,500 cash prize recognizes youth ages 18 to 26 who demonstrate the spirit of and commitment to public service and who have faced and overcome barriers and challenges to success. Learn more and apply here by June 6th.
- Seattle Opera’s Jane Lang Davis Creation Lab is accepting applications for the 2022/23 season now. Composers, songwriters, librettists, and lyricists of all genres are encouraged to apply to create new operas that tell compelling, resonant stories through vocal music. Selected participants aged 18-30 will develop a 20-minute opera to be presented in a concert format for a public audience, and will receive a $1,500 stipend. Learn more and apply here by July 19th!
- Y-WE Presents… Black Girl/NB Summer. Carefully Curated Black and BIPOC Healing Spaces. For Us. By Us. With Us. This Summer Y-WE is taking our affinity programming to the next level and inundating Seattle with all Black everything. Brought to you by the creators of Blackout Healing, we will be curating awesomeness all summer long for Black girls, women, trans, and gender expansive humans ages 13-19. It’s giving joy, wellness, activities, vibes, and an opportunity to simply be in community. Everything is free and folks can sign up for as many or few programs or experiences as they want. Learn more and register here. Programs go from May thru August!
- Community-led non-profit Skate Like a Girl proudly announces their annual Skate Camp offering, including camps at a variety of locations throughout the Seattle area! In addition to a diversity of sites, specialty weeks for GRRLZ, and Queer &/or Trans skaters, along with All Gender weeks, provide an experience for everyone! Partial and full scholarships are available, as well as free loaner gear for any skater in need! GRRLZ* WEEKS are an exclusive space for all girls, non-binary, and/or trans skaters ages 6-16, led by a team of women and non-binary staff and volunteers. All skateboarding skill levels are welcome! QT WEEKS are an exclusive space for queer and/or trans skaters ages 6-16, led by a team of queer and/or trans staff and volunteers. All skateboarding skill levels are welcome! Registration here.
- Washington Youth Arts Leadership (WAYAL) Program: Are you an arts leader in your community between the age of 16-19? Apply to join the yearly cohort of youth and young adults (ages 16-19) from across Washington State. WAYAL leaders work with the Arts in Education (AIE) team at ArtsWA to communicate the important role of arts education in their communities. Young artists in the program explore arts and arts administration careers with mentors in the field. Youth leaders receive a stipend for their time and input. Application Deadline: May 31, 2022, at 5:00 pm
- LawYours: Diversifying the Legal Profession – LawYours is a free event dedicated to helping underrepresented Puget Sound-area high school students explore the field of law. This event takes place at Seattle University School of Law on Wednesday, August 10. Register by July 1. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn and Learn
- Arts Corps is pleased to offer youth in 9th-12th grades TWO (2) paid arts internship opportunities, one virtual/hybrid and one in person from July 18th – 30th. Earn $550 for the engaging work of expressing your passion either through digital art or mural painting. Applications due on Monday, May 29th @ 7 PM. Learn more here! And apply here!
- Urban League Career Bridge Job Readiness Training – This is a 4-week course for people between the ages 18-30 with a $500 stipend. The training offers Trauma Informed Care, Financial Literacy & Budgeting, Job Readiness Training, Employment/Resource Events, Life Skills, and Certifications. Registration on a rolling basis! Learn more here.
- The Employment and Training team at the YMCA Social Impact Center released their latest Hot Jobs listing:
Good to Have: