Vision and Mission
Vision: A school where every student is a life-long learner, culture is celebrated and community is nurtured. Each student is supported for language and academic excellence preparing them for success in college, career and life.
Mission: The Seattle World School community is committed to mentoring students in navigating academic and career goals with holistic services. Our mission is to provide rigorous academics supported by social-emotional development opportunities and life skills. Our focus is to empower students as self, and global advocates in our rapidly changing world.
Student Values and Beliefs
We believe in creating an exceptional and rigorous learning environment for students by:
- Providing information in more than one language and different modes of communication.
- Giving recognition to their native language, culture and valuing individual identity.
- Encouraging self-advocacy and independence in learning.
- Connecting students with college and career internships and vocational readiness opportunities.
Family Values and Beliefs
We believe in engaging parents and families and the wider community in a meaningful and cooperative partnership by
- Providing a welcoming environment in the school with up-to-date resources.
- Strengthening relationships between parents and staff with culturally sensitive, authentic communication.
- Celebrating cultural backgrounds.
- Providing academic, social and enrichment events.
- Connecting individuals with necessary social services in a respectful manner.
SWS Staff Values and Beliefs
We believe in supporting staff success by:
- Conducting professional development with research-driven English Language Learner (ELL) best practices.
- Building strong collaboration with joint school and community projects.
- Facilitating family involvement through engaging and relevant school gatherings.
- Providing a safe, health minded and well-resourced school environment.
- Nurturing a diverse, international community of learners with a culture of positive interactions.