Teen Health Center
Seattle World School Teen Health Center
Your child can now receive health care right at school!
There is a School-Based Health Center located in the building and available to all students of the Seattle World School. The Health Center is sponsored by International Community Health Services (ICHS) and its partner Neighborhood House, with additional funding from the City of Seattle’s Families and Education Levy.
Medical and mental health professionals from ICHS provide services and consultations; additional health center staff include health educators, patient navigators, and a clinic care coordinator who all work together to provide a variety of services to support your child’s health, well being, and academic success.
Consent and Registration Forms
Each student must provide full parental consent in order to receive comprehensive services. Parental consent requires completion of the attached registration form and the signature from the student’s legal guardian. Public insurance plans, such as Medicaid, generally cover the entire fee for your student’s services at the health center. However, if you have private insurance your plan may not cover the entire cost of care and insurance rules may require that ICHS bill for some out-of-pocket expenses. However, no students will be denied services because of the inability to pay.
We are proud to be able to provide high quality school-based healthcare to students. We believe this is a unique opportunity for students to learn how to care for their health. Join us in this effort! Feel free to stop in and meet the clinic staff or call if you have questions about the clinic and its services!
What Services are Provided?
The services that the health center offers your child include (but are not limited to):
- Quality care on-site by a Licensed Medical or Mental Health Provider
- Appointments during and after school
- Physical exams and health assessments (including sports physicals and other routine exams)
- Immunizations and medications
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries
- Assessment and counseling related to mental health
- Nutrition consultations
- Reproductive health care
- Preventive health care including health education activities
- A healthcare home, including coordination of additional care at other clinics with the same services
- Referrals to other healthcare providers
- Dental exams, x-rays and cleanings